Ohio State must file a Form 1098-T for each student enrolled for the given calendar year and for whom a reportable transaction is made. However, the IRS does not require Ohio State to provide a Form 1098-T for:
- Courses for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise enrolled in a degree program
- Courses in which an E or EN grade was received
- Nonresident alien students
- Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarships
- Students whose expenses are covered by a formal 3rd party billing arrangement
- My Buckeye Link- Finance section- drop down box
- My Buckeye Link -Finance section - Account Inquiry -Account Services tab-1098 tax form tab
1. Select 1098-T from the drop down box.
2. Select the double arrow to access the form.
3. Select the Tax Year link to access the form.
Disable the pop up blocker to allow the PDF to generate.
4. Select the Box Amount tab to review details of the 1098T
5. Select the hyperlinks to view the details of the Amount Billed (Box 2) and Scholarships or Grants (Box 5).Select the Box Amount tab to review details of the 1098T
The items on the 1098T Box Amount drill down will provide the transactions that are included for the selected box.
Please note that there may be additional information in the Prior Year Adjustments (Box 4) and Prior Year Grant Adjustments (Box 6) if appropriate.
6. Select Return to View 1098-T to return to the previous page.