The Course Catalog Search page enables you to search for courses at any or all campuses of The Ohio State University.
- If you are looking for a specific class offering or section, refer to the Search for a Class procedure.
- Self Service folder - Course Catalog Search
1. Specify your desired search criteria.
There are many possible combinations of search criteria, but keep the following notes in mind:
- Institution is always "The Ohio State University"
- "Columbus" is the default Campus. Select an alternate campus or check Check for all campuses to search all campuses.
- Catalog Nbr (Catalog Number) defaults to "Begins with", but if you know the exact catalog number you can select "Exact Match" to limit your search results.
- Use Course Attribute to search for or by General Education Requirements (GECs), Academic Level, Bridge courses, Credit by Exam, Flexibly Scheduled classes, Honors courses, Service Learning, or Workshops.
- If you wish to use Course Attribute as a criterion, you must look up and select a Course Attribute and then a corresponding Course Attribute Value. For instance, if you look up and select "GEC" as Course Attribute, you could then look up and select a Course Attribute Value of "AH1" (Historical Survey), "AH2" (Literature), or any other GEC requirement.
NOTE: If you select "GEC" as the Course Attribute, you will see an additional message at the bottom of the page: "This GEC category may vary across majors in your chosen college. Please run your Degree Audit Report and/or contact your college office for more specific information."
2. Select . The Catalog Search Results will appear.
3. Scroll down to see all courses that match your selected criteria.
NOTE: Course Catalog Search does not list specific offerings or sections of a course. To view offerings or sections, refer to the Search for a Class procedure.
If desired, you can select and copy a Catalog Number (such as 1215 in the example above) and paste it into the Course Number field in the Class Search page to search for that specific course.
4. Select Return to Search to return to the main Course Catalog Search page.