Federal regulations allow The Ohio State University to apply your Title IV federal financial aid funds to your institutional charges such as tuition, course and program fees, technology and site-based fees, and housing and meal plan charges. Title IV federal financial aid includes Pell Grants, Direct Student Loans, Perkins Loans and TEACH and SEOG grants.
Beginning summer term 2016, you must grant a one-time authorization to Ohio State if you want your Title IV funds applied to all charges on your Statement of Account, including Student Health Insurance, orientation fees, penalty and late fees, etc.
Note: You are not required to provide this authorization. However, if your authorization is not re- ceived prior to the disbursement of financial aid for the term, Title IV funds may not be applied to all charges, which may result in an outstanding balance that will cause late fees to be assessed if not paid by the due date.
To authorize Ohio State to apply your federal financial aid to all charges for summer term and after:
1. Log in to your My Buckeye Link via buckeyelink.osu.edu
2. Access the “other financial” drop-down menu located in the Finances section.
3. Select View Student Permissions from the drop-down menu.
4. Click the double arrow to access the Permissions page.
5. Click the Grant Permissions button.
6. Review the eligible Title IV Financial Aid. Click the Next button.
7. Check the agreement statement and click the Submit button.
8. After authorizing the Title IV financial aid to apply towards your charges, you will receive a confirmation page.
9. To review the permission, click the View Student Permission button.
10. Notice the status of the Student Permission is now Allow.