Path - Sign into Buckeye Link - My Buckeye Link
Path - buckeyelink.osu.edu - Payment (Student) task found in Payments and Refunds
1. Navigate to the My BuckeyeLink page.
2. In the Finances section, click the Guardian Setup link.
Prior to selecting the Guardian Setup button, please ensure your internet browser's pop-up blockers are disabled.
The OSU ePayment site appears.
4. Locate the Managing Guardian Logins section in the lower left corner.
5. Select Add New to add a guardian to your account.
6. Create a guardian login by entering the following information:
- Guardian Username
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Confirm Email Adddress
- Relationship to Student
- Phone Number(optional)
- Address Lines (optional)
- City (optional)
- State (optional)
- Zip (optional)
- Welcome Note (optional)
7. Select Yes to allow your guardian access to your account.
8. Click to send a welcome email to the guardian's email account.
9. Review the Managing Guardian Logins box on the ePayment site to confirm your guardian has been added.
Select the Edit link to deactivate guardian log on access or reset your guardian's password to your account.
Select the Delete link to remove a guardian from your account.
Parent or Guardian Steps
1. Check email to confirm receipt of OSU ePayment site welcome message.
The email message will contain:
- Guardian ID (username)
- Temporary password
- Link to OSU ePayment site
2. Log into The OSU ePayment site using your Guardian ID and temporary password.
3. Reset your password.
Passwords must have:
- At least 8 characters
- 2 letter(s)
- 2 non-letter(s)
4. Select a secret question and answer in case you forget your password.
5. Confirm that the Guardian Username appears in the Account Details section.
The Student Links section will contain the name(s) of your student. You can transfer to another student by selecting their link. For guardians who are responsible for more that one student select Add New and enter your Guardian username and password to link to that student.
6. Notice the locations you can select to Make a Payment.
7. Select .
8. Confirm or change the amount to be paid in the Pay Amount Box.
9. Select .
10. Select Method of Payment
- Credit Card
- Electronic Check
- Pay with Foreign currency
Credit or debit card payments are made using CASHNet SMARTPAY. A non-refundable vendor fee will be added to each card transaction.
11. Select .
12. The following information is needed to complete payment transactions:
- Bank Account Number
- Account Type
- Routing Transit Number
- Account Holder Name
- A name for this payment method to be save for future use. (optional)
- Cardholder Name
- Credit Card Number
- Expiration Month
- Expiration Year
- Billing Address (where bill is sent)
- A name for this payment method to be saved for future use. (optional)
If Foreign Currency is selected, follow the accompanied prompts as you navigate through the payment option.
Please see Making ePayments with Foreign Currency Jobaid for further overview of this process.
13. Select .
14. Verify that the payment information you have provided is correct.
15 Select .
Once the transaction is approved, a receipt will appear and a confirmation will be sent to your guardian account e-mail address.
Additional receipts may be printed by selecting .
A printable receipt may by viewed by selecting .
CASHNet ePayments are posted in real time. Guardians can see payments posted to their student's account in the "Your Recent CASHNet Transactions section".